jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: ItemManager "invalid definitionId" error in clustered environment
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:01:47 GMT
Thanks Stefan (as always).
Sounds like it could be caused then by some type changes we've made e.g.
property removals, where we haven't removed the property from all nodes of
that type. We'll investigate.
S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 August 2007 10:56
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: ItemManager "invalid definitionId" error in clustered
environment

hi shaun

On 8/8/07, sbarriba <sbarriba@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are seeing the following WARN generated by JackRabbit on one of the
> JackRabbit cluster nodes [Slave Tomcat Node]. Note that this node received
> all updates via the clustering events e.g. another node [Master Tomcat
Node]
> includes the editing interface.
>

> 08 Aug 2007 09:18:53,347 WARN  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager  -
> node at [path] has invalid definitionId (329521676)
>

> We stopped the node [Slave Tomcat Node], re-synched the filesystem and
> restarted it and the above WARN is still generated.
>

> Any comments on what this means, or how to resolve?

the warning indicates that the specified node refers to a (node type)
child node
definition which can't be found in the node type registry.

definition id's are computed based on the definition's attributes, see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeD
efImpl.html#getId()

either your content (nodes/properties) seem to be out of sync with the node
type
registry or node type definitions have been manually edited.

it's not a serious issue (hence only a warning) but certainly worth further
investigations.

cheers
stefan