jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Queries with where clause referencing other properties
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:50:51 GMT
I'm assuming the answer to this is "it's not possible" given I had no
Any other suggestions welcome.
Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: sbarriba [mailto:sbarriba@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 27 August 2007 13:07
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Queries with where clause referencing other properties

Hi all,

We have the following use case.

.        [acme:Category] >  mix:referenceable

o   acme:name

o   acme:subCategories (reference) multiple COPY

o                  < 'acme:Category'

.        [acme:CategorisedObject]

o   acme:categories (reference) multiple COPY

< 'acme:Category

..which allows us to put objects in a category (ignoring the rights or
wrongs of using references). It's possible to write a query which returns
the objects in a particular category knowing the category UUID as follows:

xpathquery "//element(*, acme: CategorisedObject)[acme:categories =
\'6acdf351-d40f-4c3f-985f-20c7565227d9\']"

..but we really want to be able to explicitly reference the category by path
in the query and avoid the jcr:uuid reference with:

xpathquery "//element(*, acme: CategorisedObject)[acme:categories =
/home/Category/mycategory/jcr:uuid]"

This is invalid as the target of "=" operator is expected to be a literal.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Regards,

Shaun.