jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Documentation Requests
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:24:40 GMT
Hi Alan,
RE the MySql connection timeout issue.

Increasing the wait_timeout setting on the MySql server has proven not to
reliably solve this issue for us - just reduce the occurrences.
It still feels like JackRabbit should provide inbuilt validation of the
connection as with other connection libraries like DBCP.
Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan R [mailto:arof+nabble@messagio.com]
Sent: 28 August 2007 09:06
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Documentation Requests

Hi.  Is there any documentation available on the following issues?:

1) Node type migration -- For now I had to develop my own domain-specific
Export/Import system which is independent of node type definitions.  It's
slow to re-import the entire repository, but I have not come across a better
solution for handling fundamental changes to the node types or persistence
manager.

2) Tested configurations for the new bundle persistence managers -- I ran
into
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/200707.mbox/%3c5f2
11bd50707130255n4f171f80r7398d31e3908df36@mail.gmail.com%3e
this issue . Good documentation about tested configurations could have
prevented the problem, and it makes me wonder what other problems I might
encounter that I don't even know to test for.