jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Corentin Follenfant <corentin.follenfan...@univ-lr.fr>
Subject Re: Custom node types with RMI
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:37:35 GMT

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/rmi/jackrabbit/JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory.html
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/rmi/jackrabbit/JackrabbitServerAdapterFactory.html

> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Hi,

I also have to register custom nodetypes over RMI, but as their behaviour is
dynamically generated into the java code, they are built like NodeTypeDef and
then registered with NodeTypeRegistry#registerNodeType(NodeTypeDef). However the
NodeTypeRegistry doesn't seem to be accessible with the
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager. Would it be possible to "RMI-ze" the
NodeTypeRegistry, or must I convert the NodeTypeDefs to an XML stream which I
will be able to register with JackrabbitNodeTypeManager.html#registerNodeTypes()
  - although the second way seems counter-productive  ?

I have a second question: in order to get the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager, I'm
using the Jackrabbit adaptaters factories, but the repository is deployed as a
Tomcat webapp so I don't know where to change the server code to make it use the
JackrabbitServerAdaptaterFactory ?

Thanks,

Corentin