jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How are developers using jackrabbit
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:46:28 GMT
On 7/31/07, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:
> Regarding your usecase, having around 36.000.000 documents after one year .in one
> single ws with terabytes of data...so 100.000.000 docs within three years...Well, I
> think you at least have to tune some settings :-)...

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, the original post says
"nodes", not "documents".

So that's 36 million nodes a year, or 100 million after three years.
If it was documents, it might be many more nodes than that.

Although I haven't run those tests myself, I've talked with people
doing tests with, IIRC, 150 million nodes, and such quantities are
also regularly mentioned in Lucene tests, so I don't think this is
necessarily a problem. But of course, it depends on how nodes are
structured and on what's indexed.

-Bertrand