jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR 283 - Public Review - Content Repository for JavaTM Technology API Version 2.0
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:32:55 GMT
Hi Tako,

thanks for your comments.

> > (7) New property types and new Nodetypes to enhance application
> > interoperability
> > around common meta data
> This one interests me, which new types are there? (well I read about the
> WEAKREFERENCE and URI ones, is that what you refer too? If so, the second
> part of your statement "to enhance application interoperability around
> common meta data" confuses me ;-)
I guess the "enhanced application interoperability" was targeted at the "new
nodetypes" only.

When I re-read my sentence now I realized that I probably should more specific
about mentioning the benefits of the new properties individually.

> > (9) Shareable nodes that allow the tree in a content repository workspace
> > to become a more implicit network.
> Could you maybe be a little more specific here, it all sounds very abstract
> when you say it like that :-)
Shareable nodes are nodes that share the same properties and childnodes
and can appear in different locations of a single workspace tree.
I think it can be viewed like a less harmful & less complex re-introduction
of the hard-links that we had in the early days of JSR-170.

A very simple example would be that you can now file a document in various
folders in a (semi-)transparent way for the application and therefore
have an alternative way to model many-to-many relationships.

> PS: Weren't you supposed to be on vacation?
what can i say... bad planning on my behalf ;)

regards,
david