jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR 283 - Public Review - Content Repository for JavaTM Technology API Version 2.0
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:43:59 GMT
Hi Tor,

Good Point.
We worked with a fine grained Diff until it became too big.

I would probably like to mention the following additions as my top ten list ;)

---
(1) Query extionsions mainly around extended support for SQL specifically JOINs
We also introduced Java Bindings for the Query Object model that allow
for easier
"query wizards" and last but not least "Prepared" queries

(2) Access Control Management to go beyond the introspection that is
already specified
in JCR v1.0

(3) Retention & HoldSupport to enable records management applications
sitting on top of JCR repositories in a standardized fashion

(4) Simple versioning to provide for repositories that only support
linear versioning.
Versioing extensions around "Baselines" and "Activities" to cover the
full configuration
management spectrum

(5) Lifecycle Management to allow to easily hook content into a  process engine.

(6) Standardized Nodetype Registration that allow application to
register and manage
their nodetypes with repository.

(7) New property types and new Nodetypes to enhance application interoperability
around common meta data

(8) Workspace Management to allow for creation and deletion of workspaces in
a repository

(9) Shareable nodes that allow the tree in a content repository workspace
to become a more implicit network.

(10) Journalling Observation that allows offline/polling applications
to find out what happend in
a content repository since they last checked.
---

.... is that helpful?

regards,
david