jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #4: Beware of Same Name Siblings.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:17:02 GMT
Hi Jukka,

> I think people are placing all too much emphasis on the semantic
> meaning of the path.
I believe that's up to the application to decide.

Moving my document from the "/very-secret" folder into the "/public" folder
may certainly bear some relevance from an inherited access control
perspective.

So some applications may choose stable paths (the blog
example for the URL's sake) other apps may have a greater focus
on a "meaningful and correct" paths like for example a phone book
application. see below:

http://tel.search.ch/basel/barfuesserplatz-6/day-interactive-switzerland-ag.en.html
http://tel.search.ch/basel/barfuesserplatz-6/*.en.html
http://tel.search.ch/basel/*.en.html

I think there is no right or wrong. The good news is that JCR equips you
with all the means to satisfy both needs.

regards,
david