jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject "David's Model": Simple Rules for blissful Content Modeling
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:57:31 GMT
In various discussions I found that developers are somewhat at unease
with the features
and functionalities presented by JCR when it comes to content modeling.
There is no guide and very little experience yet on how to model
content in a repository
and why one content model is better than the other.

While in the relational world the software industry has a lot of
experience on how
to model data, we are still at the early stages for the content
repository space.

I would like to start filling this void by expressing my personal
opinions on how
content should be modeled, hoping that this could some day graduate into
something more meaningful to the developers community, which is not
just "my opinion"
but something that is more generally applicable.
So consider this my quickly evolving first stab at it.

To make sure that this is not considered binding or normative and just expresses
my views, I codenamed it 'David's Model'.
Since I am interested in the feedback on each and every one of my "content
modeling rules", I decided to send them out as individual threads and compile
them later into a wiki page.

regards,
david

Disclaimer: These rules express my personal, probably controversial views ;)