jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Audit Trail
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:51:18 GMT
hi harvey,

> We decided against it initially because the data is very simple and would't
> require the overheads of versioning, security checking etc.
the overhead of versioning and security checking etc. really only applies
if it is used, so for example a node that is not versionable does not
have versioning
overhead. security probably might be an issue when it comes to read access
to the audit trail, who knows...

i think one should look at these features of a content repository as
services that
are exposed by the repository and if unused do not necessarily cause overhead,
but can come in very handy when they become necessary.

we actually decided to store our applications audit trail in the
repository and i dont
regret it. but i guess it all depends on data volume and the usecases in the
application.

regards,
david