jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: JBoss JTA transaction timeout
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:58:16 GMT
the only thing you must looking for not to open 2 sessions in 1 transaction !
maybe you are opening a adminsession in the accessmanager ?
even if you do only reading with the second session you will get a timeout exception !

the locking strategy is at the moment designed not to allow 2 sessions in one transaction
!

BR,
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mihai Anescu [mailto:manescu@totalsoft.ro]
Gesendet: Montag, 02. Juli 2007 10:51
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: RE: JBoss JTA transaction timeout

Hi Klaus,

It is similar, but a little different.

We have an upload method and one download method. Each one is called on it's own, opens a
session, does some stuff. The upload method will create some nodes and put the content from
a stream into a node.
The download method just retrieves one such node and returns an object "describing it" (content,
mimetype, filename). I have moved the second method into a different object, one that is not
an EJB (I made a helper class). Both mehods are called from a Home class, one that manages
the operations for one entity. And I still got the same error, for the download method only.
I even tried to add a dummy node when I do the retrieving, but the same error shows up every
time.
I have an entity with 3 upload controls, I can upload all three files but I get the same error
for all 3 download...

We're using JackRabbit 1.3.