jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Krenn, Christian" <christian.kr...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: ${wsp.name} variable not set
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:25:28 GMT
Hi Marcelo!

As far as I know the RepositoryConfig.class will only substitute rep.home and never wsp.home.
Perhaps you could use a path instead of using the wsp.home variable? Are you using something
different then the default workspace?

<Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default" />
<Workspace name="${wsp.name}">

Can you find something like that in your repository.xml?  maybe there should a workspace.xml
in your workspace path und rep.home/workspaces.

bye

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo de Barros Alcantara [mailto:cad_malcantara@uolinc.com]
Sent: Montag, 23. Juli 2007 21:13
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: ${wsp.name} variable not set

Hi Tobias,

I did some debbuging on the code, and could get some more info:

At RepositoryConfig.class it creates a Properties object with the variable and put the repository
home variable as below:

public static RepositoryConfig create(InputSource xml, String home)
            throws ConfigurationException {
        Properties variables = new Properties();
        variables.setProperty(
                RepositoryConfigurationParser.REPOSITORY_HOME_VARIABLE, home);
        RepositoryConfigurationParser parser =
            new RepositoryConfigurationParser(variables);

        RepositoryConfig config = parser.parseRepositoryConfig(xml);
        config.init();

        return config;
    }

At the ConfigurationParse class it then calls the replaceVaribles method and then it tries
to substiture the ${wsp.name} which is not set in the Properties object (just the repo.home
is).

    protected Properties parseParameters(Element element)
            throws ConfigurationException {
        Properties parameters = new Properties();

        NodeList children = element.getChildNodes();
        for (int i = 0; i < children.getLength(); i++) {
            Node child = children.item(i);
            if (child.getNodeType() == Node.ELEMENT_NODE
                    && PARAM_ELEMENT.equals(child.getNodeName())) {
                Element parameter = (Element) child;
                Attr name = parameter.getAttributeNode(NAME_ATTRIBUTE);
                if (name == null) {
                    throw new ConfigurationException("Parameter name not set");
                }
                Attr value = parameter.getAttributeNode(VALUE_ATTRIBUTE);
                if (value == null) {
                    throw new ConfigurationException("Parameter value not set");
                }
                parameters.put(
                        name.getValue(), replaceVariables(value.getValue()));
            }
        }

I could not find anywhere in the code where it could have set the value ${wsp.home} inside
the Properties variables object.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help, that´s making me crazy here.

Marcelo