jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Krenn, Christian" <christian.kr...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: jackrabbit doesn't update
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:48:36 GMT
Yes, I have. Thanks for the fast answer, that helps me to come along
with the problem

Best
chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 17. Juli 2007 13:24
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: jackrabbit doesn't update

On 7/17/07, Krenn, Christian <christian.krenn@bearingpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Our customer doesn't want a RMI solution, so i have to develop a
direct
> database solution with a oracle database in background.
>
> Everything works well, but if I install my self written little browser
> on another pc it updates not until tomcat is restarted. Seems like
> jackrabbit is caching something and not accesses the database. Has
> anyone a solution for that?

do you have multiple jackrabbit instances accessing the same database?
that's not supported. jackrabbit needs exclusive control over the
backend
store. however, you might consider using jackrabbit's clustering feature
which allows you to run multiple jackrabbit instances on different
machines
sharing the same database backend store.

cheers
stefan

> Thx in advance
>

> Best
> chris

***************************
privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended
addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply
to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the
message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

> BearingPoint INFONOVA GmbH
> Sitz: Unterpremstatten bei Graz
> Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht fur ZRS Graz
> Firmenbuchnummer: FN 44354b

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this