jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject question regarding jackrabbit index implementation
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:02:59 GMT

I have been looking at the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene implementation, and I do
not understand what the reason(s) for multiple persistent indices has been (for one single

I do understand the choice for a VolatileIndex and a PersistentIndex obviously, but I just
can't get a grip on why multiple persistent indices are created, and the lucene segment similar
merging algorithms are done on multiple persistent indices? Is it done for performance technical

Can somebody enlight me on the reasons and benefits of the multiple Persistent indices per
workspace (I am ofcourse sure there are good reasons, but I just can't seem to be able to
grasp it yet :-) )?

thanks in advance,

Regards Ard

Oosteinde 11