jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: Hot backup solutions?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:51:54 GMT
Me too. From my experience the performance of the export to XML is to poor
to be used for a backup.

I don't think JCR2.0 addresses hot backups, so I don't think a standard at
that level will happen. Of course there is nothing stopping jackrabbit
having a persistence manager independent facility (but it would be a LOT of
work, and it has to be near perfect). For now, I would say use the database
facilities (but that also means you can't do a per-workspace hot backup and
restore, in effect).