jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restore workspace with OraclePersistenceManager on different machine?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:52:04 GMT
hi philip,

On 7/26/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a instance of jackrabbit running with OraclePersistenceManager on a remote machine.
>
> I would like to setup a second (readonly) repository on my local machine that shares
the same data as the aforementioned repository so that I can do some analysis on some performance
problems that I am having.

> I thought by just starting up the repository on my local machine with the OraclePersistenceManager
configured the same as the first repository (same database instance) would cause jackrabbit
to recreate the workspace directories and index directories and set them up for use, but alas,
this is not the case.

> Any xpath query that I perform fails to return anything.
>
> I would appreciate any help and guidance on getting past this so I can dig deeper in
what part of my usage of jackrabbit is causing problems.  Is there a way to instruct jackrabbit
to refresh the filesystem using the PersistenceManager as it's source for data?

please note that the repository home directory contains vital data
(such as custom node types and namespaces). you need to copy the
contents of your repository home directory
(except the index folders) to the other machine.

alternatively you could configure jackrabbit to store everything
(except the index) in the db
by using DbFileSystem instead of LocalFileSystem. however, i wouldn't recommend
it in general as you cannot easily read/edit the information stored in
the DbFileSystem.

btw: here's a related issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-964

cheers
stefan