jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reindexing content (was: Jackrabbit = Kick Ass Tool)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:14:22 GMT
On 7/27/07, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:

> > > 2) You're going to be fired because you lost your index (or
> > Jackrabbit did)
> > i think it would be great if we could store some sort of a
> > "baselines" of the
> > index somewhere "less volatile" (maybe in the same store as
> > the pm uses).
> > so we could quickly recover from a "lost" index situation.
> > i know that marcel even wanted to experiment with storing the
> > index "in" the
> > repository. maybe this one would be worth a jira issue, if we
> > dont have
> > one already.
>
> IMO this doesn't solve the issue about reindexing. As Bruce describes, it should always
be possible to recreate an index when all you have is the persisted content in DB.

there's a related jira issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-964

please note that you should only delete the 'index' folders. the
repositery home
directory stores, apart from the index, vital repository state such as custom
node types and registered namespaces.

cheers
stefan