jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File-based configuration for BindableRepository too restrictive
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:08:38 GMT
hi ben

On 7/24/07, Ben Fortuna <fortuna@modularity.net.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there plans to offer alternate means for loading repository
> configuration when using RegistryHelper/BindableRepository? Requiring
> a file-based configuration seems way too restrictive to me -
> especially when RepositoryConfig supports loading via InputStream. It

while it would certainly be possible it wouldn't be just a matter of
adding a couple of additional method signatures. note that since
BindableRepository needs to implement javax.naming.Referenceable
you'd need to serialize the config file anyway somehow. for more
(implementation) details please take a look at
BindableRepository#getReference() and
BindableRepositoryFactory#getObjectInstance().

> also makes it difficult to use in an OSGi environment.
>
> If you want me to write a patch let me know.

patches are always welcome :-) please create a jira improvement issue
and attach the patch.

thanks
stefan