jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit doesn't update
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:24:05 GMT
On 7/17/07, Krenn, Christian <christian.krenn@bearingpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Our customer doesn't want a RMI solution, so i have to develop a direct
> database solution with a oracle database in background.
>
> Everything works well, but if I install my self written little browser
> on another pc it updates not until tomcat is restarted. Seems like
> jackrabbit is caching something and not accesses the database. Has
> anyone a solution for that?

do you have multiple jackrabbit instances accessing the same database?
that's not supported. jackrabbit needs exclusive control over the backend
store. however, you might consider using jackrabbit's clustering feature
which allows you to run multiple jackrabbit instances on different machines
sharing the same database backend store.

cheers
stefan

> Thx in advance
>

> Best
> chris

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to
this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.