jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Kurla" <stefan.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit = Kick Ass Tool
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:28:01 GMT
On 7/27/07, David Nuescheler <david@day.com> wrote:
> hi bertrand,
>
> thanks for clearing things up...
>
> here my two cents...
>
> > 1) Cache Manager resizes seem to slow your app down
> are there any numbers on this? from a profiler?

I will not be able to give you exact numbers but just observation.
CacheManager seemed to be leaking memory when run through a profiler.
It grabs the maximum amount of memory, makes the highest number of
references to the commons/collections/Maps. I will not be able to say
what the exact problem is but CacheManager needs to be looked into.

> > 2) You're going to be fired because you lost your index (or Jackrabbit did)
> i think it would be great if we could store some sort of a "baselines" of the
> index somewhere "less volatile" (maybe in the same store as the pm uses).
> so we could quickly recover from a "lost" index situation.
> i know that marcel even wanted to experiment with storing the index "in" the
> repository. maybe this one would be worth a jira issue, if we dont have
> one already.
>
> > 3) You're not sure about which application pattern/content model to use
> i will try to sum up the guidelines discussed two weeks ago (as
> promised) in the
> wiki as soon as i get to it.
> i consider those guidelines my personal best practices around content
> modeling. that may helps.

Eagerly waiting for this, faster the better.