jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tako Schotanus" <quinte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.1.3.1 Removing Items
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:08:53 GMT
On 7/23/07, IvanLatysh <ivan@yourmail.com> wrote:

> > Yes.  Make the date field an optional property.  If the property exists,
> > then the field is present.  If not, then the field is absent.
> Excellent, but how would user fill-up this `absent` field when we decide
> to?

First of all you showed the original form in _some_ way so you could store
that information with the user data.

Or you could store a list of all the field names, or just the ones that were
left empty.

You could store the fields in a user node type, that has a "value" sub node,
not only could your application decide that a non-existing "value" node is
the same as "null", but you could add a whole bunch of extra information if
necessary (maybe the field was not editable but had a default value so you
want to remember that the value was not entered by the user).

You could probably find lots more ways to model this.

Cheers,
 -Tako