jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Thompson" <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to correctly configure JR with PostgreSQL?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:05:50 GMT
The only thing that requires the local filesystem is the Lucene search
index.  Everything else, including the workspace, can be put into the DB by
using a DB Persistence manager

Here's how I have my workspaces configured:

    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <!--
            virtual file system of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the FileSystem interface
        -->
        <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
            <param name="driver" value="
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"/>
            <param name="url"
value="jdbc:sqlserver://servername:1433;databaseName=my_db_name"/>
            <param name="schema" value="mssql"/>
            <param name="user" value="my_user"/>
            <param name="password" value="my_password"/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="wsk_"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <!--
            persistence manager of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the PersistenceManager
interface
        -->
        <PersistenceManager class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">
            <param name="driver" value="
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"/>
            <param name="url"
value="jdbc:sqlserver://servername:1433;databaseName=my_db_name"/>
            <param name="schema" value="mssql"/>
            <param name="user" value="my_user"/>
            <param name="password" value="my_password"/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
        <!--
            Search index and the file system it uses.
            class: FQN of class implementing the QueryHandler interface
        -->
        <SearchIndex class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

Though I haven't tried this with Postgres, hopefully this example will be
helpful :)

Good luck!  I'd be interested in knowing what ends up working for you.

-Brian