jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Peeter Piegaze" <peeter.pieg...@day.com>
Subject Re: Merging non-versionable nodes
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:09:30 GMT
Hi,

I've logged this as a spec bug.

You are right. The intended behavior is that the connected
non-versionable (CNV) subtree of a versionable V should be updated or
not according to the merge test result of V.

In other words,V and its CNV subtree must be treated as a single unit
for purposes of merge (where the CNV subtree is the subtree accessible
from V without traversing any verisonable nodes).

The current pseudo-code in the spec, and consequently the Jackrabbit
implementation of merge doesn't make any sense.

We will fix it in the spec, at which point it will become a Jackrabbit
bug. Does someone want to file a bug against Jackrabbit?

I guess the only consolation I can offer is that you guys win a prize
for being among the first to seriously try out the merge
functionality!

Thanks for reporting the issue. I'm always glad when people read the spec :-)

Cheers,
Peeter

--
Peeter Piegaze