jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Waschkowski" <mwaschkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: Hot backup solutions?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:41:46 GMT
I've checked the wiki at:
  http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/BackupTool
and it hasn't been updated since: " 2006-08-16 19:18:27" so I think that its
way outdated. I looked in Jira and saw that there are some patches, but its
not complete yet, and nothing added to source tree.

Thomas said:
"Would hot backup of the underlying file system / database be a
solution for you, and if not why not?"
I know for an RDBMS typically you can't do a file system backup of the
database because of issues around transactions not yet committed and the
database state. For postgresql, for example, you can do a hot backup, but
you have to use a database specific tool, not just backing up the files at
any moment in time. Isn't jackrabbit the same in this regard?

I would like to try and pull together some details about this because I'm
sure that there are other people interested in doing hot/backups. If there
is enough input here, I will add or update a backup page into the wiki for
future reference.

Regards,

Mark