jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Waschkowski" <mwaschkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR 283 - Public Review - Content Repository for JavaTM Technology API Version 2.0
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:37:35 GMT
Hi David,

I just glanced through the spec and looks like it has some interesting new
features. One thing I noticed (as pointed out at theserverside.com) is that
sql and xpath is deprecated and replaced with a new AQM. A natural evolution
of xpath support would have, of course, been XQuery since JCR is a
hierarchical storage mechanism, for which xpath and xquery are well suited.
There is no mention of the reasoning behind this, would you provide some
please?

I do, however, like the idea of a Java query object model since doing
criteria queries with sql is a pain (having to append where criteria
together using a string is no fun) so I'm assuming that the JQOM would be
something akin to 'example' queries (create an example object and ask system
to get data that 'looks like' the example object), right?

Best,

Mark