jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Friedrich Schuster" <Friedrich.Schus...@analytical-software.de>
Subject Accessing versioned (frozen) nodes ?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:22:28 GMT
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to access properties from frozen nodes (versioned nodes).

I used the "Versioning Basics" example from the JackrabbitWiki, works well
when unchanged.

(see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage)

The versions are available, but the problem is:

I always get a PathNotFoundException when reading a

property (sample code and stack trace below) from a versioned node.

Same result with the unchanged example code from the article by Frank Sommers

(http://www.artima.com/lejava/articles/contentrepository3.html).

He retrieves the frozen nodes with

NodeIterator it = v.getNodes("jcr:frozenNode");

but the 'getProperty()' in the example code doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be great.

My jackrabbit version is 1.3, the repository configuration file is from

jackrabbit-1.3-src/jackrabbit-core/applications/test/repository.xml
(unchanged)

with org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem.

Code: (see also: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage)

  //print version history

          VersionHistory history = child.getVersionHistory();

          for (VersionIterator it = history.getAllVersions(); it.hasNext();)
{

            Version version = (Version) it.next();

            System.out.println(version.getCreated().getTime());

            // PROBLEM:

System.out.println(version.getProperty("anyProperty").getString();

   }

javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: anyProperty

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getProperty(NodeImpl.java:2503)

            at
test.jcr.VersioningTest.testVersioning(VersioningTest.java:131)

            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.executeMethodBody(TestMethodRunne
r.java:99)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runUnprotected(TestMethodRunner.j
ava:81)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAfterRu
nner.java:34)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runMethod(TestMethodRunner.java:7
5)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.run(TestMethodRunner.java:45)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.invokeTestMethod(TestClassM
ethodsRunner.java:66)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.run(TestClassMethodsRunner.
java:35)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner$1.runUnprotected(TestClassRunner.j
ava:42)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAfterRu
nner.java:34)

            at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner.run(TestClassRunner.java:52)