jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From √únala Erol <Erol.Uen...@zuerich.ch>
Subject data modelling question
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:24:39 GMT
dear list,
i'm a newbie in jcr and currently try to do a datamodel for a small mindmapping webapp. it's
a simple app where a user can have several mindmaps. I ended up with 2 possibilities:

a) separate path for users and map-content:
/mindmapapp/config/users/[user-email]
([user-email]: String properties for current email-adress, alias, password)

/mindmapapp/maps/[user-email]/[mindmapname]/{mindmapnodes}
([user-email]: with no properties; [mindmapname]: String properties for current mindmapname,
description, modified date, Multivalue String property for collaborators)

b) one path:
/mindmapapp/maps/[user-email]/[mindmapname]/{mindmapnodes}
([user-email]:String properties for current email-adress, alias, password ; [mindmapname]:
String properties for current mindmapname, description, modified date, Multivalue String property
for collaborators)

x) the mindmap-nodes:
there will be only 3 levels for the first release, does it make sense to structure them something
like eg.
..[mindmapname]/root/b1/c1 (numbered)
..[mindmapname]/root/b1/c10
..[mindmapname]/root/b6/c1

It woud be great if you could give me some feedback on which way to proceed, thanks!

Erol