jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mihai Anescu" <mane...@totalsoft.ro>
Subject RE: JBoss JTA transaction timeout
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:05:04 GMT
Yes, I may open a new session inside the same transaction (I'm quite new to Seam so I don't
know in detail how it handles everything, but almost sure I open more than one transaction).

Both the upload & download methods get a new session when they start doing their job.
So you're suggesting that once I opened a session I should use it until I finish my work (ex:
create a private member Session and init it if it's null, or use the existing one if it has
value)

Regards,
Mihai

-----Original Message-----
From: KÖLL Claus [mailto:C.KOELL@TIROL.GV.AT]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 11:58 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: AW: JBoss JTA transaction timeout

the only thing you must looking for not to open 2 sessions in 1 transaction !
maybe you are opening a adminsession in the accessmanager ?
even if you do only reading with the second session you will get a timeout exception !

the locking strategy is at the moment designed not to allow 2 sessions in one transaction
!

BR,
claus