jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR Drawback Thoughts
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:29:06 GMT
Hi,

As Jukka already wrote, the Global Data Store feature should solve
this problem. Certain operations like getProperty and getLength will
be very fast, and no temporary copies are made.

> ...but i've been wondering for a while whether the need for clustering
> really must imply storing everything in a database.

I don't think this is a requirement: why not use a failsafe file
system. Or storing large objects in regular file systems, but in
multiple places.

> why wouldn't a remote simple DAV store work?

That would be a third implementation of the DataStore interface. I
think file system storage and database storage will be more popular,
but WebDAV and Amazon S3 storage are possible as well.

Thomas