jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit = Kick Ass Tool (was: Jackrabbit = Big Trouble??)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:58:00 GMT
Hi,

> the performance is not acceptable... The main problem is
> the Cache Manager of JackRabbit resizes which costs uncertain time,
> which result the operation very slow sometimes.

I am sorry that the CacheManager causes trouble. Resizing caches
shouldn't cost time at all (maybe a few milliseconds). If you have a
test case where you can show it does actually cost a significant
amount of time, could you please post it?

> It is not easy to read those codes when debugging Jackrabbit
> for performance tuning because

I don't think you need to read the codes. To tune Jackrabbit for
performance, I usually try to use the Bundle Persistence Manager and
disable Search if possible. Do you use a profiling tool to measure
performance? If not I suggest to use the YourKit Java Profiler
(www.yourkit.com).

> there is no document about
> the logic behind the index resizing.

I have added some documentation about the CacheManager (a big part is
copy & paste from the CacheManager Javadocs):

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/CacheManager

Please tell me if you need more information about the index resizing.

Thomas