jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:32:20 GMT
> No, not in the spec. But if you close coupling, then
> 1) it will be hard to remote the protocol, and

This depends on how you implement it.

> 2) it will be impossible to execute the plans for an SPI layer (because
> it involves a generic transient layer on top of SPI).

I suggest to keep the current behavior of Jackrabbit. But I would only
change the spec, so that both behaviors are allowed. I would add a
descriptor (see Repository.getDescriptor())
QUERY_TRANSIENT_CHANGE_VISIBILITY (false for current Jackrabbit) where
the behavior is defined.

View raw message