jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:26:14 GMT
Hi,

> Hope you will not get angry on me :-), but an uncommitted change is a
> transient change, so I do think RDBMS are using the transient concept.

As a database guy, I would say a JCR transient change for the JDBC API
is a 'Batch Update' (Statement.addBatch(), Statement.executeBatch()).

I found something in the Java Persistent API (JPA): JCR transient
changes behave like JPA 'not yet persisted objects' or 'detached
objects'. To 'save' an object in JPA, you need to call 'persist' (for
new objects) or 'merge' (for detatched objects).

I agree the JCR documentation should be more specific about that. I
was confused first as well.

Thomas