jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySql 5.0 & JackRabbit: Connection issue
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:55:14 GMT
Hi,

> We're testing our application using JackRabbit 1.3 with MySql 5.0.27 and
> mysql-connector-java-5.0.6-bin.jar. After the application has been running
> for a period of time we start getting various persistence failures within
> JCR mainly referencing "Connection.close() has already been called".

This is the exception you usually get when the connection times out.

> Are there any other connection related parameters that we should be
> using for MySql?  Do I need "autoReconnect=true"? I note that this is
> 'false' by default from 5.0.3 onwards
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector/j/en/auto-reconnect.html)

There are a few problems with this flag. However with bundle
persistence it should work as far as I know (because in this
persistence manager, autoCommit is on when idle). My recommendation is
to use it for BundleDbPersistenceManager.

> Can anyone confirm if the bundle persistence manager will be much more performant that
> the JNDI manager?

Bundle persistence is faster.

Thomas