jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #4: Beware of Same Name Siblings.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:43:12 GMT
> The path /people/spain/barcelona/JuanJoseRodrigueszMorales is still a
> lot more "meaningful" than /people/894758. The "meaningfulness" is
> about grouping, local identification, and human readability.

I agree! I think I found a way to be lazy, and have meaningful and
up-to-date paths:

AutoPathTool tool = new AutoPathTool(session);
tool.setRootPath("/people");
tool.setPathMapping("{@country}/{@city}/{@lastName}/{@firstName}-{counter}");
tool.setFilter("nt:unstructured");
tool.start();

This tool would install an observation listener, and automatically
remap all nodes based on the properties (and changes to properties).
OK, you don't have a stable path (but how can you?).

Thomas