jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hot backup solutions?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:45:30 GMT
Hi,

> a particular workspace was corrupted
> or we wished to migrate a workspace between environments etc.

Sure, I understand that. I think a 'persistent manager independent'
export / hot backup tool would be great. Using a standardized 'JCR
implementation independent' format if possible ;-)

> But what I don't know is what workspace specific state exists in
> 3) [reposhome]/repository

No (except NodeTypes, but you already said that you can can backup
the NodeTypes and Repository config separately). There is rootUUID,
but it doesn't really change.

> and 4) [reposhome]/version.

Yes, versioning is shared across workspaces. If you use versioning,
you need to back it up. However I am not sure how you could restore
the version history of just one workspace.

Thomas