jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.1.3.1 Removing Items
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:18:23 GMT
Hi,

Everyone, I don't think this thread is getting us anywhere at the moment.

There are many cases (like setProperty(null)) where the JCR 1.0 API
could have been designed otherwise, but complaining about it doesn't
really help anyone if you don't have an idea of how to fix that.

Note also that for an idea to have a reasonable chance of being
accepted in JCR 2.0, it *needs* to be backwards compatible. So for
example we can't just declare that setProperty(null) will start
throwing NullPointerExceptions, as that's bound to break a whole lot
of existing clients.

Of course I'm all ears (and I believe the whole JSR 283 expert group
at jsr-283-comments@jcp.org is) for good suggestions where things
could be improved, but just complaining that a feature doesn't work
like you want or suggesting obviously incompatible changes doesn't
really get us anywhere.

BR,

Jukka Zitting