jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:39:34 GMT
Hi,

On 7/20/07, IvanLatysh <ivan@yourmail.com> wrote:
> It is an outrageous bug in the spec, that has to be fixed [...]

I do appreciate your opinions and the fact that you are raising
issues, but the way you are presenting them is borderline trolling.
There are valid reasons for the design decisions taken by the JCR
spec, and while you are free to disagree and debate the rationale,
calling them "outrageous bugs" is IMHO rather extreme.

> If your DB session would have such behavior would you be happy ?

Note that there's a crucial difference between JCR and DB sessions. In
relational databases search (i.e. SELECT) is the one and only way to
access content, whereas a content repository supports both direct API
access and search as ways to access content. This difference, and the
fact there are virtually no use cases where you'd want to search for
transient changes, coupled with the architectural goal of keeping
transient changes fully local (i.e. not involved in full text index
updates, etc.) makes IMHO a pretty good rationale for the way search
is specified in JCR.

BR,

Jukka Zitting