jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #2: Drive the content hierarchy, don't let it happen.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:45:18 GMT
Hi,

On 7/7/07, David Nuescheler <david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote:
> What may be unexpected initially is why I wouldn't store the
> "comments" with the "post", which is due to access control which I
> would like to be applied in a reasonably hierarchical way.

I'd much rather put the comments below the blog entries. That way the
blog entry becomes self-contained and it is easy to move, copy, or
export the entire entry in a single operation.

I would even argue that controlling access on an entry level is better
than globally in a separate tree. Local access control gives you the
ability to selectively enable or disable comments on a given post.

BR,

Jukka Zitting