jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #4: Beware of Same Name Siblings.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:55:22 GMT
Hi,

On 7/10/07, Thomas Mueller <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The path /people/spain/barcelona/JuanJoseRodrigueszMorales is still a
> > lot more "meaningful" than /people/894758. The "meaningfulness" is
> > about grouping, local identification, and human readability.
>
> I agree! I think I found a way to be lazy, and have meaningful and
> up-to-date paths:

-1

I think people are placing all too much emphasis on the semantic
meaning of the path. As mentioned above, IMHO the meaningfullness
should be about grouping, local identification, and human readability,
*not* about specific properties of the node. There is obviously a
relation between these things, but I really wouldn't stress that too
much.

BR,

Jukka Zitting