jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #4: Beware of Same Name Siblings.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:16:23 GMT
Hi,

On 7/10/07, Tako Schotanus <quintesse@gmail.com> wrote:
> I person that was put in /people/spain/madrid/JuanJoseRodriguezMorales
> who moves to Barcelona should be moved to /people/spain/barcelona in
> my opinion. Leaving him in madrid just defeats the whole purpose of
> having meaningful names IMHO.

The path /people/spain/barcelona/JuanJoseRodrigueszMorales is still a
lot more "meaningful" than /people/894758. The "meaningfulness" is
about grouping, local identification, and human readability.

If you really do need to refer to this specific person regardless of
where he lives or what his name is (the name can also change), then
you will want to use something like a social security number or a UUID
if another global identifier is not available.

BR,

Jukka Zitting