jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From IvanLatysh <i...@yourmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.1.3.1 Removing Items
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:47:48 GMT
Tako Schotanus wrote:

> Ivan, I do understand what you mean, I really do.
> The CVS vs SVN just isn't a good example IMO because there was no other way
> to get empty folders stored in CVS.
> A very important secondary reason is that the information must necessarily
> be retrieved from CVS as you put it in, that is the reason it exists! While
> a JCR can be compared more to a database: you decide how to put the
> information in, how to get it out and what it all means.
Thank you for your example it is the most advanced work-around that I may think
of. And I can see it working to ease developers pain.

  As a side effect this solution will force to relax node type definition.
For instance (foo:required-field) node type should be added.
As well as value type is not known at this moment unless foo:field node-type has
value;integer-value;date-value, ... etc. Or some other mechanism to define the type.

Again, thank you for an excellent work-around.

--
Ivan Latysh
ivan@yourmail.com