jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: 3.1.3.1 Removing Items
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:53:19 GMT
IvanLatysh wrote:
>> You can use a non-mandatory or a multi-valued property if you need to
>> handle cases where a property can be absent, or present but with no
>> values.
> The problem is that JCR is type strict so Integer property can't have
> the null value, so I have to make String property instead and when I
> produce XML for UI property has the wrong type. And if property deleted
> in JCR I can't produce the valid XML because I don't know that this
> property was there at the first place.

Ivan, it seems you didn't really read what Jukka explained.

I'll try it again:

1) using the node type definition of a node you can find out if the node has a
property declared which is not set, thus you can infer that the value is in your
sense 'null'. if of course requires that you create a custom node type and
declare your properties.

2) you can use a multi-valued property where you set the value to an empty
array. again, this allows you to interpret the value as 'null'. see jsr 170
specification 4.7.1

regards
  marcel