jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:23:04 GMT
Mark Waschkowski wrote:
> Back after a long weekend away...
> For the record, the only reasoning for the below case was that its easiest
> to implement by the vendors. Here is one of my original examples:

so far I haven't seen a proposal how the desired semantics (query
operating on the transient state) can be implemented efficiently at all,
without closely coupling the transient space implementation to the
storage. And, as a matter of fact, the contrary (de-coupling them) is
what's currently being done in the Jackrabbit SPI work.

So, I'm not opposed to discuss this, but right now I just don't see how
to implement that.

For the record, I'm fine with *allowing* repositories to implement that
(but not making it required).

Best regards, Julian

View raw message