jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From IvanLatysh <i...@yourmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: Hot backup solutions?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:15:40 GMT
sbarriba wrote:

> Has anyone considered writing an schedulable process (e.g. using Spring)
> which iterates through all workspaces performing an exportsysview() on each
> workspace generating an XML file backup?
>
> Anyone come up with negatives for doing?
>
> Negatives I can think of include:
>  * the backup would be expensive for large workspaces with big binaries etc
>  * exportsysview() does not include version data (I haven't tested this
> assertion). We're not using versioning currently (due to bugs hit with older
> JackRabbit versions) but we certainly want to in the future.
We began work on such tool, at the moment we are on architectural stage.
Out plan is to release the source when we have working prototype.

If you have ab interest in such tool and can provide some human resources we
will set up open source project earlier than we planned.

--
Ivan Latysh
ivan@yourmail.com