jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From IvanLatysh <i...@yourmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.1.3.1 Removing Items
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:07:01 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> The use case you describe is about allowing null values in the first
> place, and not about setProperty(null) acting as remove(). The JCR
> content model is pretty clear in that it doesn't allow null values,
> and quite frankly I think that it's a very good thing.
And I believe that it should.

> You can use a non-mandatory or a multi-valued property if you need to
> handle cases where a property can be absent, or present but with no
> values.
The problem is that JCR is type strict so Integer property can't have the null
value, so I have to make String property instead and when I produce XML for UI
property has the wrong type. And if property deleted in JCR I can't produce the
valid XML because I don't know that this property was there at the first place.

--
Ivan Latysh
ivan@yourmail.com