jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:28:41 GMT
Alexandru Popescu ? wrote:
> I agree with both you comments here. However, I do feel that the OP
> may be right (I confess that I was not facing this situation so far,
> but this is probably because my app is a bit different).
>
> I would really appreciate if somebody would post on this thread a
> scenario in which the current behavior is proving helpful (and I have
> in mind the scenario posted here: searching for a John and getting a
> Joe instead -- frankly speaking I would be totally surprised in real
> life if I would be looking for my wife and getting somebody else
> instead :-) ).

I don't think the current JCR behavior was specced this way because
there are uses cases needing it. It's simply a result of queries working
against the persisted state (as the workspace methods), while the
regular read messages don't.

I totally agree that this can cause surprising results, and the fix for
that is not to do it. That is, save the changes first, or query + read
using a separate session object. If this is not clear in the spec, let's
fix *that* first.

Best regards, Julian