jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:06:45 GMT
IvanLatysh wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> again you're proposing a major change to JCR.
> Sorry for my ignorance, but it is funny, you just dropped XPath and you
> saying that fixing of an obvious mistake is a major change ?

(1) I didn't drop, the EG basically proposes to drop it. It's under
public review, right? That being said, I'm in favor of keeping XPath as
mandatory.

(2) I strongly disagree that the current property data model is a
mistake; actually, I think it's the right design.

>> If a query would need to take transient changes into account, it needs
>> to operate both on the persisted state, and on the local transient
>> space. Note that these may be on different machines. Maybe it's just
>> me, but I have no idea how that could be implemented efficiently, *in
>> particular* if you don't have the luxury to develop that functionality
>> from scratch.
> I am sorry, but an implementation of that is a trivial task, everybody
> does it.
> Have a look at any persistence engines.

Well, you seem to be very sure, so I guess I won't argue with you and go
back to my JCR 1.0 L2 implementation, which does not and will not work
that way.

Best regards, Julian