jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From IvanLatysh <i...@yourmail.com>
Subject 7.4 Appendix D: JCR 1.0 XPath (Deprecated)
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:32:44 GMT
Hello All!

   That's strange, that committee want to drop XPath and replace it with
home-grown query language when obvious next logical step for JCR would be to
introduce XQuery language, but instead, XPath has been dropped in favor of
"Abstract Query Model" ?!?!

   Would be nice to hear the reason why committee decide to introduce a query
language that from the moment of birth has no future, instead of take an
existing well defined query language (XQuery).

P.S. As a system architect I can say that if it stay this way, we will abandon
JCR and re-factor out project for XML database.

--
Ivan Latysh
ivan@yourmail.com