jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: spi for WebDAV - uploading file
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:49:27 GMT

if you are looking for a common webdav server, you may try
the 'simple' server already present with the released, top=level
jackrabbit projects.

the spi2dav funktionality is rather used to remote the JCR
api to a client (that in this case uses webdav a protocol).
in other words: if you want to 'upload a file' using the
spi2dav contrib you have to proceed as the jcr2spi (the client
part) does: define what kind of nodes/properties must be
created in order to represent your 'file' in the jcr repository.
the easiest way to do so is in fact to use jcr2spi started
with the spi2dav RepositoryService.
the SPI represents an internal layer of a jcr implementation
and is not meant to be used by the applications on top of jcr.

please correct me, if i misunderstood your post.
i guess you are rather looking for standard webdav functionality.

shepy wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to use SPI to JR WebDAV server (from contrib). I have found the
> way how to retrieve the file from JR repository with this interface, but i
> have problem finding out how to upload the file from JR repository using
> methods in this SPI. I found method for importing XML structure with webDAV
> , but i need to import binary files. Is this functionality TODO or can I do
> this with existing methods? Can somebody point me in the right direction?
> Thanks.

View raw message