jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel May <marcel....@consol.de>
Subject Re: MySql 5.0 & JackRabbit: Connection issues
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:43:27 GMT
If you use an Java EE pool, be aware that the pool/datasource must be
non managed,
as the persistence managers and file systems for Jackrabbit do not use JTA.
Otherwise, you will get problems when the Jackrabbit impl. directly
invokes con.commit or con.setAutoCommit on a managed connection.

Using auto reconnect can be dangerous with mysql (imagine what happens
with an open TX, and a reconnect is performed).
There is an additional JDBC property for reconnecting only at the the
end of a TX (reconnectAtTxEnd).
An auto reconnect for mysql is not recommend (see the docs).

That mysql closes connections by default after 8hrs of inactivity is a pain.
Some firewalls do this often enough, too, for any connection.
BTW, the automatic connection closing is configurable on the mysql
server, so you could inc. the timeout to prevent
over the night/over the weekend timouts caused by inactivity.

There
Cheers,
Marcel

--